Free Podcast Hosting Sites: *Please note that I have not personally used all these sites and this list is only a reference list. You will need to read the rules and policies for each site to see if it will be appropriate for your use. GCast Pod Bean My Podcast Podango Switchpod Cyber Ears
Free Podcast Aggregators: You will need to sign up for an account at each site. *Please note that I have not personally used all these sites and this list is only a reference list. You will need to read the rules and policies for each site to see if it will be appropriate for your use. ZiePod Media Fly Juice iTunes
Pod/Vod/Vid Casting Resources: 70+ Podcast Tools & Resources Step by Step Instructions Using Audacity Podcasting Tools-A Comprehensive Resource for Podcasting - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sources for files to use in your video/audio casts...Free music, video, and image sources – Credit the source appropriately! Video:
Copyright and FairUse Guidelines for Educators
1. What is a podcast?
3. Three Types of Podcasts
* Audio Podcasts
* Enhanced Podcast
4. Educational Uses
5. Where do you find podcasts? How do you subscribe to them once you find them?
* iTunes music store and subscribing through iTunes
* Other websites to locate podcasts
* Advanced subscribing using iTunes
* Other ways to subscribe and track podcasts
6. LUNCH (60 Minutes...on your own)
7. Sign up for a free account on a podcasting hosting website (ex. Pod Bean and/or GCast)
8. Share ideas for lesson and podcast
9. Assessing Podcasts
* What makes a podcast good?
* What makes a podcast bad?
10. An introduction to iLife's Garageband
11. What do you need to create a podcast...A discussion about what we will be doing on Day 2.
1. Review Days Agenda
2. Share Podcast integration ideas
3. Begin to Storyboard a podcast
4. Begin recording podcast in Garageband
5. Lunch (60 Minutes...on your own)
6. Contnue working on Podcast (editing and adding photos)
1. Review Days Agenda
2. Finish and Convert Podcast
3. Type up "Description" in Word
4. Lunch (60 Minutes...on your own)
5. Create Assessment Rubric if applicable
6. Post Podcast, description and Rubric (if applicable) to Podcast Server
7. Presentation and Debriefing